As a Leadership Inspired University, we provide opportunity for students to develop their skills, gifts, and talents. Our student leadership and government programs provide practical, focused opportunities for leadership development.Our student leadership team is comprised of our campus ministries student staff, orientation assistants, resident assistants, and student government. Each provide an opportunity to for students to learn and develop leadership skill that will aid in every aspect of life.
What does it mean to be a Student Leader at WJU?
Student leaders are expected to lead by example. They:
- Follow the Student Code of Conduct both on and off Campus.
- Develop healthy, balanced relationships with friends as well as dating relationships.
- Balance job related duties with academic requirements.
- Sacrifice personal freedoms for the sake of others.
- Encourage an active and evident spiritual life in yourself and others.
- Live a life of integrity that is above reproach.
- Desire to enhance leadership skills in others.
- Be available to be an advocate for the student body, as well as the university.
- Create an atmosphere of acceptance which encourages equal opportunity for involvement for all students of WJU.
- Provide accountability and support for fellow students.
How to get involved:
- Complete the Student Leadership Application and interview process during the spring semester
- Must be at least sophomore status to apply
- Must have and maintain at least a 2.5 GPA to apply and be hired
- Chapel Coordinator
- Missions Coordinator
- Orientation Assistant
- Orientation Coordinator
- Outreach Coordinator
- Resident Assistant
- Student Activities Coordinator
- Student Activities Publicity Coordinator
- Student Government Officers
- Worship Coordinator