Online FAFSA & Stafford Loan Resources
2013-14 FAFSA Verification Forms
2012-13 FAFSA Verification Forms
Other Financial Aid Forms
Policies regarding Outside Aid
- Students are encouraged to investigate other sources of financial assistance including churches, employers, corporations, internet scholarship searches and other organizations. A sampling of internet scholarship search options is listed below.
- Students who receive financial aid are required to report to the Financial Aid Office ALL scholarships and other resources known or expected to be available to contribute to the cost of each year of school (e.g. church assistance, scholarships received at awards ceremonies, employer assistance, etc.). Failure to report these resources may result in delay in receiving funds, cancellation of awards or the reversal of funds already received.
- Whenever possible, Outside Aid is simply added to the other scholarships and grants a student receives. Unless required by other federal, state or institutional policies, no other awards will be reduced.
- National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS)
Find out how much you’ve taken out in student loans, as well as who your lenders and loan servicers are.
- Direct Loan Consolidation
Learn more about the advantages of student loan consolidation.
- Student Aid on the Web
Free information from the U.S. Department of Education on preparing for and funding your college education.
- IRS Publication 970
This publication is the definitive guide for all tax benefits for higher education. Due to the frequent changes in tax law, we recommend that you read this publication for all the latest information.What will I find in Publication 970? Chapter 1 explains the tax treatment of various types of educational assistance including scholarships, fellowships and tuition reductions. Chapters 2 and 3 explain two tax credits for which you may be eligible for. These two tax-deductible benefits are: The Hope Credit and the Lifetime Learning Credit. Chapters 4 and 12 explain ten other types of benefits. With these benefits, you may be able to take advantage of some great incentives.