The mission of the Writing Center is to provide quality one-on-one writing tutorials and small group instruction to all university students. Trained peer tutors help students with all phases of the writing process from planning, organizing, and writing to revising a final project. Our tutors are equipped to assist students in writing for all course levels and disciplines.
Students are welcome to drop in anytime during open hours or schedule appointments online. The writing center is located in the Learning Commons, first floor of the library. The center offers afternoon and evening appointments, as well as weekend options, and is overseen by an English faculty member and a lead tutor, who serve as tutors in addition to administrative duties. On behalf of the Warrior Writing Center, we look forward to serving Jessup students with all their writing needs.
Writing Center Hours
- Monday / Wednesday: 2:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 1:00 to 8 p.m.
- Thursday: 1:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Friday: 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Sunday: 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. (Only select Sundays. Check online scheduler for availability.)
Schedule an Appointment
Visit jessup.mywconline.com to book tutoring appointments.
- Step 1) For first-time users, select “Click Here to Register” (or simply login if you are returning).
- Step 2) Create an account— use WJU email and password for ease.
- Step 3) Login to create an appointment. White squares indicate available time slots.
- Step 4) Click time slot of your choice and fill out fields.
We hope you utilize the Writing Center to make your writing process a simpler one! Be sure to email if you have any questions: warriorwritingcenter [at] jessup [dot] edu.