Public Policy Overview
William Jessup University’s Public Policy Degree Program is dedicated to preparing tomorrow’s leaders today. This unique, multidisciplinary program integrates Christian education, political science and public administration to equip students for graduate school and careers in the public sector. The program develops Christian critical thinkers to analyze today’s issues, implement tomorrow’s policies, and lead our community, state, nation and world ethically and effectively.
- Rigorous curriculum that includes multidisciplinary courses, concentrations in key public sector fields, expert seminars/forums, and internships with public institutions
- Students learn from leading experts and policymakers about critical policy issues and effective policymaking on the local, state, national and international levels
- Students learn to analyze issues, develop solutions and implement sound public policy
- Senior Seminar provides intensive analysis and practical application of historical, theoretical and organizational policy issues
- Christ-centered, faith based courses
- Personalized advising
- WASC Accredited
Career & Internship Opportunities
- Government/Organizational/International Leadership
- Media/Public Relations/Journalism
- Criminal Justice
- Policy Analyst
- Understand biblical and ethical principles and standards and apply them to public policy issues and institutions.
- Appreciate the significance of civil society and actively engage in civic participation.
- Develop critical thinking, problem-solving, and management skills for policymaking and public administration.
- Recognize and interrelate political structures, participants, and principles for policymaking and implementation.
- Acquire and apply knowledge of American and comparative history and government to current events, issues, and institutions.
- Acquire and apply knowledge of constitutional and international principles and organizations for governance, civic participation, and civil and human rights.
- Identify and utilize effective and principled methods and approaches to political process, policy research and analysis, and public administration.
- Integrate political knowledge and policy principles to practical public sector fields such as communications and media, criminal justice, economics and management, government and politics, and law and policy.