Welcome to Liberal Studies & Credentialing! We are passionate about students, teaching and what God is doing here at WJU as we continue to grow and change. Teaching is both a privilege and a responsibility. Preparing teachers for a world hurting for Christ and searching for His character is what we do. We love it, and we're here to help you succeed.
Our Mission is to prepare undergraduate and post-baccalaureate professionals through character development to teach in classrooms throughout the world. We do this by means of our Program Distinctives:
- Character (Galatians 5) - a key component in all coursework and field experience
- Knowledgeable and accessible faculty & staff
- Hands-on instructional approach
- Exceptional fieldwork opportunities with local school districts
- Excellent first time pass rates on state assessments (CBEST, CSET, CalTPAs & RICA)
- California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) accreditation
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) accreditation
- Engaging professional development with local educators
- Personalized program advising
- Christ-centered, faith based courses
Graduates of our programs go on into fields such as:
- California public schools
- Charter schools
- Christian Schools
- International Schools
- Private Schools
- Non-profit organizations
International English Teachers
Our Vision is that our graduates become well-equipped, highly-principled individuals who understand diversity as a strength and who provide for individual differences in order to help their students prepare for a diverse and rapidly changing world.
Please tour our website to learn more about our programs, and let us know if you are coming to campus. We would love to meet you!
Have questions? Contact our Credential Analyst, Arlene Waggoner