The Family and Children's Ministry department internship program is an opportunity to put into practice those things learned in the classroom while still in close contact with the University faculty support system. Each internship is individually designed by the student with advice from the field supervisor and the assigned faculty internship advisor.
Upon successful completion of an internship, the student will be able to:
- Evaluate the task desired by the intern and prepare behavioral objectives to be recorded in the internship proposal.
- Perform the duties approved in the proposal such as classroom teaching, program supervision, or activities generated under the supervision of the field supervisor and/or their designates.
- Reflect upon the practical experience gained in the internship in a formal presentation of learning from the experience (learning profile).
- Articulate insights gained from the compatibility of your philosophy of Christian ministry to the experience of this internship in a formal expository essay.
As individual students differ, so do the internships in which these students participate. A student in the program looking to complete an internship should consider the following:
- What do you hope to gain from this experience?
- What are you going to do to accomplish this learning (activities, process, ministry)?
- What are the critical conditions to the accomplishment of these activities (conditions of process)?
- How are you going to evaluate your learning? How will you know if you have accomplished your goals (evaluation procedure)?
Internship Manual - The internship manual is a comprehensive guide for all students looking to complete an internship in the Family and Children's Ministry department.
WJU Job Board - The Job Board is a job posting site where churches, organizations, and individuals can place postings for open positions they are seeking to fill. Often there are children's or family ministry intern and pastoral positions available and is a great place to start when looking for an internship opportunity.