The Children's Ministry Certificate is designed for persons who direct the children's segment of an educational ministry in paid or volunteer capacity. This professional training is focused on the practical aspects of leading and developing an effective program in the local congregation.
The specific target skills for this certificate are:
- Define an effective Children's Ministry program.
- Learn how to teach children and train their parents.
- Identify and construct a ministry focused on evangelism and spiritual development.
- Examine and explore Jesus' vision for children.
- Identify learning and social styles of children.
- To recruit, train, and assign adult workers.
- To know how to prepare, adapt, and secure facilities.
- To learn how to budget and maintain records for growth.
- Establish counseling methods for children and adults.
- Develop summer ministry programs.
Course Requirements for a Children's Ministry Certificate:
|Contemporary Discipleship (LDRS152a, 152b)||5 units|
|Gospels or other Bible Course||3|
|Developmental Psychology (PSYC141)||3|
|Children's Ministry (CEDU321)||3|
|Educational Psychology (CEDU310)||3|
|Child and Adolescent Psychology (PSYC342)||3|
|Christian Formation & Discipleship (CEDU472)||3|
|Church Administration (PMIN480)||3|
|Total units for Certificate:||30 units|