The Teacher Education Department at William Jessup University offers three pathways leading to careers in public, private and charter school systems. Our goal is to prepare undergraduate and post-baccalaureate professionals through development of character and ethical behavior to teach in schools throughout the world.
Graduates from the WJU Teacher Education program are well-equipped, highly-principled individuals who understand diversity as a strength and who provide for individual differences in order to help their students prepare for a diverse and rapidly-changing world.
- Knowledgeable and accessible Christ-centered faculty
- Biblical character elements embedded throughout the program
- BA in Liberal Studies and California Preliminary Multiple Subject Credential in 4 years
- Exceptional fieldwork opportunities with regional school districts
- Access to an Educational Resource Center & Professional Development Opportunities
- Student-organized educational leadership clubs
- International teaching and educational opportunities
- Personal program advising
- Excellent first time pass rates on all state mandated testing
- California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) Accredited
Career & Internship Opportunities
Teach, lead, tutor and/or train in one or more of these areas:
- California public schools (K-8 Multiple Subject Credential)
- Charter schools
- Christian Schools
- Home School and Consortiums
- International Schools
- Private Schools
- Internationally or locally Teach English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Academic (Tutor)
- Church (Teach/Lead)
- Organizational and/or Corporate (Training)
*CTC Annual Report Card/License Examination Passage Rates (AB2086)
WJU credential completers have excellent state license examination passage rates. All teacher preparation programs are required to provide a link to the most recent Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) Annual Report Card on California Teacher Preparation Programs. This report includes statewide and specific program information and examination pass rates.
At Jessup we believe that the education of the whole person is essential to transformation. It is fun to be a part of an organization that provides the opportunity to transform the knowledge for the head, the skills for the hands, and the character for the heart.
It is exciting to be a part of the growth, transformation, and development of the Jessup institution.