The Teacher Education Department at William Jessup University offers three pathways leading to careers in public, private and charter school systems. Our goal is to prepare undergraduate and post-baccalaureate professionals through development of character and ethical behavior to teach in schools throughout the world.
Graduates from the WJU Teacher Education program are well-equipped, highly-principled individuals who understand diversity as a strength and who provide for individual differences in order to help their students prepare for a diverse and rapidly-changing world.
- Courses focus on specific elements of character, enabling students to craft reflective characteristics in their own lives
- Knowledgeable and accessible faculty & staff
- Hands-on instructional approach
- Exceptional fieldwork opportunities with local school districts
- BA in Liberal Studies and California Preliminary Multiple subject Credential in 4 years
- Active Future Educators Association (FEA) on campus (Phi Delta Kappa affiliation) provides students with educational professional development, leadership community service and networking
- Excellent first time pass rates on all state required examinations and assessments (CBEST, CSET, TPAs and RICA)
- California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) Accredited
- Personal program advising
- Christ-centered, faith based courses
- WASC Accredited
Career & Internship Opportunities
- California public schools (K-8)
- Charter schools
- Christian Schools
- International Schools
- Private Schools
- Education Director
- Non-profit organization
- Teacher of English – internationally
- Academic Tutor
*CTC Annual Report Card/License Examination Passage Rates (AB2086)
WJU credential completers have excellent state license examination passage rates. All teacher preparation programs are required to provide a link to the most recent Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) Annual Report Card on California Teacher Preparation Programs. This report includes statewide and specific program information and examination pass rates.
Masters of Arts in Teaching (MAT)
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies
In 4 years earn a Baccalaureate (BA) degree in Liberal Studies, a California Multiple Subject Teaching Credential and a Minor in Bible and Theology.
In four years earn a BA degree in Liberal Studies with a concentration* and a Minor in Bible and Theology
*Areas of concentration include: English, Child Development, History, & Psychology
teachered [at] jessup [dot] edu