What is the deadline for submitting a Dual Credit course for approval?

June 10 – Last day to submit an application for dual credit high school for academic year

What teachers are eligible to teach a Dual Credit course?

Preferred Dual Credit Faculty Requirements:

  • Master’s degree or higher in content area/related field
  • Master’s degree or higher in education or a related field or plus 18 graduate credit hours in content area

Please contact WJU for additional criteria used to approve faculty members.

Is WJU accredited?
William Jessup University is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and the Association for Biblical Higher Education.
Where will CCU credit transfer?
William Jessup University dual credits transfer to most colleges and universities across the nation. Because every institution varies on how they accept, or do not accept, dual credits, it is the responsibility of the student to contact universities prior to registering for WJU dual credit courses in order to gain an understanding of how credits may or may not transfer.
What are the student registration dates?
Visit our Calendar for Students for current registration dates.
How are the courses transcripted?
When a teacher has submitted final grades for a course, they are posted to the student’s transcript. The transcript will have WJU’s course equivalency and the student’s letter grade. These transcripts can be sent to the student or any college or university in the country. Students should request transcripts at http://www.jessup.edu/registration-and-advising/transcript-request/. If the student is placing their order before final grades have been posted, they should indicate on their order that they wish to have their transcript held until current semester grades are posted.
What students are eligible for dual credit?
WJU leaves it up to the individual high school to decide which students are eligible for dual credit courses. Normally, these are junior and senior level courses i.e., AP courses that are more rigorous than other courses within the school’s curriculum.
Is there a requirement or limit to the number of dual credit courses a student can take in a semester?
There are no restrictions set by WJU on how many or how few courses a student can enroll in while in high school.
How does a high school apply for dual credit?
High schools submit an application form for each course submitted. The application should include instructor’s CV and unofficial transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate level coursework along with professional development information. A comprehensive course syllabus is required in order to be considered for approval and it is recommended the school utilize the application checklist in order to submit a complete application.
Is there a fee for high schools to enroll in the dual credit program?
There is no fee for high schools to offer WJU’s Dual Credit Program. The only cost of the program is the $200 course fee for the students.
How are students’ grades submitted?
WJU will contact the high school upon completion of the school year in order to give instructions for submitting grades. WJU asks that yearlong courses have the two semester grades averaged.
Who do I direct students to for questions on the dual credit program?
Students may contact WJU at 916-577-2215 or dualcredit@jessup.edu with any questions