The Management Certificate is designed to enhance the management skills of individuals currently working in ministry or business. Many leaders in churches or other ministry groups lack basic business management and organizational skills but these skills are very important. For example, Crown Ministries states the Bible emphasizes the importance of finances with more than 2,350 verses on how to handle money and approximately 500 verses on prayer, but many ministry programs do not include a basic financial management course. This program will develop not only the financial skills, but other management and organization skills necessary to lead an organization.
Students who complete the course of study should be equipped with:
- Basic management principles considering legal implications.
- Financial reports and principles and introductory accounting principles.
- Basic marketing concepts.
- Statistics for analyzing data.
- Computers, databases, and networking.
- Operations management tools and techniques.
- Strategic planning concepts.
- Biblical perspective on ethical questions with business management.
The following courses are required for the Management Certificate:
|Contemporary Discipleship (LDRS152a,b)||5|
|Management & Organizational Behavior (BUS140)||3|
|Financial Accounting (BUS245)||3|
|Financial Management (BUS342)||3|
|Legal Implications for Business (BUS260)||3|
|Organizational Communication (BUS302)||3|
|Management Information Systems (BUS210)||3|
|Strategic Management (BUS498)||3|
|Church Administration (PMIN480)||3|
|Total units for Certificate:||32 units|