William Jessup University’s Biology Program is dedicated to providing students with the personal support and intellectual skills to master core principles and
competencies in the life sciences and to apply their knowledge, from a Christian ethos, in the service of humanity. Students of Biology will be trained how to think ‘beyond’ the life sciences, to integrate concepts from diverse disciplines. The multidisciplinary approach in Biology naturally gives rise to novel solutions and new discoveries, creating opportunities for WJU graduates, as Christian critical thinkers, to impact society and lead in new fields.
A graduate with a B.S. degree in Biology will be able to:
- Apply for professional degree programs – Medicine, dental, pharmacology, veterinarian, etc.
- Qualified for post graduate applications.
- Apply to allied health programs – Nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, radiological tech, ultrasound tech, and many more.
- Apply to post graduate research programs.
- Apply to Bio research programs.
- Explore many other biological science related opportunities.
- Apply to Allied Health programs – Physicians Assistant, Pharmacology Tech
- Extensive multidisciplinary course offerings that explore the convergence of the life sciences with diverse fields such as business, religion, psychology, sociology, public policy, and the arts
- Rigorous ‘Pre-Med’ curriculum with lower and upper division course work in Biology and supporting physical sciences and mathematics
- Highly collaborative, cross-disciplined and integrative approach to instruction
- Christ-centered, faith-based courses
- Guaranteed course enrollment
- Personalized Advising
- WASC Accredited
Career & Internship Opportunities
- Animal Production
- Humanitarian Service
- Life Science Research
- Medicine and Allied Health