Ph.D., Marketing, The University of Mississippi
MBA, Pepperdine University
Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Westmont College
“Heaven is My throne, and the earth is My footstool. Where then is a house you could build for me? And where is a place that I may find rest? For My hands made all these things, thus all these things came into being,” declares the Lord. “But to this one I will look, to him who is humble and contrite of spirit, and who trembles at My word.” Isa 66:1-2 (NAS)
Branding and Services Innovations. For the last 22 years, I have done consulting work for a number of multinational companies in the areas of service quality, customer satisfaction and retail store patronage.
God is on the move in Northern California and William Jessup University is primed to eternally impact this part of His creation. Who’d want to miss out on that!
Favorite Class to Teach
Global Brand Management
Knowing God! “A right conception of God is basic not only to systematic theology but to practical Christian living as well…the man who comes to a right belief about God is relieved of ten thousand temporal problems.” AW Tozer, The Knowledge of the Holy
- Shu, S.T. and Strombeck, S.D. (2017) “Cometh Self-Image Congruence,” Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, 29(3), 538-552.
- Strombeck, S.D. and S.T. Shu (2016) “The Pursuit of Social Recognition through Luxury Service Brands,” Services Marketing Quarterly, 37(4), 241-254.
- Chen, Y. Shu, S.T., Strombeck, S.D. (2015) “Pricing Management between Partnering Rivals: Coopetitive Diffusion Analysis,” International Journal of Systems Science: Operations and Logistics, 2(1), 15-24.
- Strombeck, S.D. and Shu, S.T. (2014) “Modeling Contextually Elicited Service Quality Expectations,” Journal of Service Theory and Practice (formerly Managing Service Quality), 24 (2), 160-183.
- Shu, S.T., Strombeck, S.D. and C.L. Hsieh (2013) “Consumer Ethnocentrism, Self-Image Congruence and Local Brand Preference: A Cross-National Examination,” Asia PacificManagement Review, 18(1), 43-62.
- Kuo, C.C. and Strombeck, S.D. (2015) “Decision Making Under Asymmetric Information: Risk of Consumer Trust in the Food Industry,” World Academy of Researchers, Educators, and Scholars Congress, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Strombeck, S.D. (2013) “Foreign Direct Investment and Branding,” (Key Note Speech), International Conference on Foreign Direct Investment, Kaohsiung, Taiwan.