Ph.D., Leadership in Higher Education – Capella University – 2010
M.A., Multicultural Education – National University – 2002
Teaching Credential, Professional Clear CLAD SS – National University – 2002
Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) Certification – 2000
B.A., Biology – Point Loma Nazarene University – 1999
Faculty Development and Educational Leadership; Faculty Satisfaction and Retention; Math and Science Curriculum and Instruction; Multicultural Education and Structurally Designed Academic Instruction in English (SDAIE); State of California Teaching Performance Assessments; State and Federal laws pertaining to Education; and Character and Leadership Development for Teachers
At Jessup we believe that the education of the whole person is essential to transformation. It is fun to be a part of an organization that provides the opportunity to transform the knowledge for the head, the skills for the hands, and the character for the heart.
It is exciting to be a part of the growth, transformation, and development of the Jessup institution.
Favorite Class to Teach
- EDU 513:Research Methods and Statistics
- TEDU 501: Teaching and Learning in the Classroom
- TEDU 123: Multicultural Education
- TEDU 413/509: Curriculum and Methods in Math and Science
- TEDU 213: Math for Teachers 1
- TEDU 223: Math for Teachers 2
- TEDU 275: Initial Student Teaching I
- TEDU 375: Initial Student Teaching II
- TEDU 475/575: Student Teaching 1
- TEDU 476/576: Student Teaching 2
- TEDU 480/510: Applied Technology for Teachers
- 301 XL: Strategies for Success
- 390 XL: Introduction to Statistics
The purpose of education should be to equip graduates to reach with compassion, teach with excellence, and learn for a lifetime.
- IMAP Implementation Guide for A Problem Solving Approach to Mathematics for Elementary School Teachers, 11th edition, (2012) by Nathan Herzog; Boston, MA
- IMAP Student Worksheets for A Problem Solving Approach to Mathematics for Elementary School Teachers, 11th edition, (2012) by Nathan Herzog; Boston, MA
- Herzog, N.. Keeping the ones you want: A study of faculty satisfaction and faculty retention in higher education. Ph.D. dissertation, Capella University, United States -- Minnesota.
- Abernathy, J. G., & Weatherly, J. A. (2007). By any other name: Exposing the deception, mythology, and tragedy of secularism. Eugene, Or: Wipf & Stock.
Keynote Speaker and Presentations
- Authentic Learning: The Education Conference 2013
- The Will To Learn; giving students what they need to do their best: The Education Conference 2012
- ACSI Fall 2011; The Integration of Faith and Learning through Character Development
Awards & Honors
- Rocklin Leadership Graduate – Rocklin Chamber of Commerce 2013
- Horizon Charter School Teacher of The Year 2013
- Horizon Charter School Teacher of The Year 2012
- Horizon Charter School Teacher of The Year 2011
- Jessup Doctoral Society, 2010